Investment in Malta
The Individual Investor Program of the Republic of Malta (IIP) by virtue of Legal Notice 447 of 2014, allows for the granting of citiwenship by a certificate of naturalization to individuals and their families who contribute to the economic and social development of Malta.
Subject to a stringent vetting and diligence process, including thorough backgrou,nd checks, the applicant and their family are granted citizenship in exchange for such contribution.
About Malta and its Program benefits
Malta is a European Union member state since 2004.
Malta can offer citizenship in an EU country that is stable, neutral and highly respected. It offers Visa free travel to more than 160 countries. Maltese citizenship will also grant the right of work and establishment in all 28 EU countries.
Rich of 7500 years of history, Malta is a country with a democratically elected parliament. It has a strong legal system and well established institutions. It has also an evolved educational system and excellent health services.
The key objectives for obtaining Maltese citizenship and the benefits gained will vary between individuals, but may include :
– Visa free travel to more than 160 countries in the world.
– Possible tax planning benefits
– Dependence on more than one passport
– Personal security
– Looking for a Stable Political System
– Good quality of life
– Better education for children
“Malta offers a high quality of life as well as perspectives for any citizen willing to move forward with their life.”
Who can apply ?
To qualify for citizenship, the principal applicant must be at least 18 years old and meet the following requirements:
- 1- Provide a proof of residence in Malta and hold resident status in Malta for a minimum of 12 months prior to the issuance of a certificate of naturalization; and
- 2- Complete a non-refundable contribution to the national Development and Social Fund (NDSF) in the amount indicated below; and
- 3- Acquire an immovable property of a minimum value of 350,000 euro to be held for at least 5 years (the property cannot be let or sublet) or lease a residential immovable property in Malta for a period of 5 years, at an annual rent of at least 16,000 eur per year. ; and
- 4- Invest in stocks, bonds, or special purpose vehicles to be identified by Identity Malta, for a period of 5 years and a minimum value of 150,000 euro; and
- 5- Acquire global health insurance coverage for at least 50,000 eur for each of the individuals covered in the same application form.
- 6- Principal applicants can include in their application their spouse, unmarried dependants below the age of 27 and any dependant parents over the age of 55 years
- 7- Spouse – in a monogamous marriage or in another relationship having the same or similar status to marriage
- 8- Dependents of 18 years and under
- 9- Dependents between 18 and 26 years old, who are not married and who are wholly supported by the principal applicant and form part of the household.
- 10- Dependents over 55 years old (e.g. parents); who are wholly supported by and who form part of the household of the principal applicant.
To be acquired in Malta, via a Lease Agreement or title deed on a property they will have purchased
Spend enough days in Malta
To fulfill certain elements of the citizenship application that follows the receipt of a Maltese resident card, as well as to increase their genuine link to the island
Time In Malta
Exactly how many days will depend on each applicant, based on their availability and the processing timeframe for completing the requirements of the program
Willing to get more information about Maltese citizenship and incorporation process?
Contact us to get more about how Acker Choquette can help you with Maltese jurisdiction.