St. kitts and Nevis Citizenship by investment program
Second citizenship ?
Have you ever considered acquiring a second citizenship? This provides useful advantages to travel, especially at the time of the pandemic. The Federation of Saint Kitts and Nevis, a small two-islands nation in the Caribbean Basin is precisely that kind of abundant tropical bliss you are looking for : sunlight, beaches, sea air, lush vegetation, spectacular scenery, mellow culture and a friendly atmosphere.
Why Choose St. Kitts & Nevis?
This beautiful two-island nation is blessed with tropical temperatures, clear blue waters and a bustling trade and tourism economy. It is well-connected by direct flights to and from Europe and the U.S., and offers residents and citizens sought-
after advantages, such as dual citizenship and tax-free worldwide income.
As one of the longest-established programs of its kind, the St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program offers applicants a host of unique benefits:
- Fast processing within four (4) months.
- Accelerated Application Process – approval within sixty (60) days.
- Inclusion of dependent children under thirty (30) and dependent parents or grandparents over 55.
- Addition of dependent children under 16, born after citizenship has been granted, to be processed by the Ministry of National Security.
- No physical residency requirements.
- No requirement to travel to St. Kitts & Nevis during the application process.
- No interview, education or management experience required.
- Visa-free travel to more than 100 countries, including Schengen member states, the U.K., Hong Kong, Singapore and others.
- No tax on worldwide income.
Saint Christopher &Nevis’ Citizenship by Investment Program was established in 1984 under the regulations of the 1984 Citizenship Act, Part II, Section 3 (5), which makes it the longest established citizenship by investment program in the world.
To qualify for citizenship in St. Kitts & Nevis, applicants must fulfill one of the investment options below in addition to the following criteria:
- Be of outstanding character.
- Hold no criminal record.
- Have excellent health.
- Have a high personal net worth.
The Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF) will invest in sustainable areas benefiting every citizen and resident of St. Kitts and Nevis, including health care, education, alternative energy, heritage, infrastructure, tourism and culture, climate change and resilience, and the promotion of indigenous entrepreneurship.
Depending on the total number of applicants, the following contribution levels must be met:
- US$ 150,000: Main applicant.
- US$ 25,000: Spouse.
- US$ 10,000: Per additional dependent.
Five-Year Hold Period
Applicants may purchase government-approved property valued at a minimum of US$ 400,000, or purchase shares valued at the same minimum amount in a real estate development. The investment must be maintained for a minimum of five (5) years. Investors may be required to pay additional taxes and fees.
Seven-Year Hold Period
Applicants can make an investment of US$ 200,000 in a government-approved luxury resort. The investment must be maintained for a minimum of seven (7) years.
Our advisory fees are based on the number of dependents, country of origin, residence and other retained services, as well as service and legal fees related to the submission of citizenship and passport application for the main applicant. The advisory fees are non-refundable and are payable in two equal installments.
All application fees charged by the St. Kitts and Nevis government and by Acker Choquette are subject to change. These fees depend on the number of applicants and the complexity of the process. Please contact us if you have any questions or need more information.
Applicants will need to pay any additional government, passport application and due diligence fees associated with their chosen investment and according to the number of dependents.
GOVERNMENT REAL ESTATE FEES
- US$ 35,000: Main Applicant.
- US$ 20,000: Spouse.
- US$ 10,000: Dependent.
DUE DILIGENCE FEES
- US$ 7,500: Due diligence of main applicant.
- US$ 4,000: Due diligence for dependent over 16.
- US$ 4,000: Due diligence for financial sponsor.
ACCELERATED PROCESSING FEES
Qualified applicants can accelerate the processing of their applications in as little as sixty (60) days. Additional fees charged by the government are inclusive of due diligence:
- US$ 25,000: Main Applicant.
- US$ 20,000: Dependent over 16.
- US$ 500: Per person for passport processing.
Not all countries are eligible for accelerated processing.
Steps and Timeline
The following table breaks down the St. Kitts & Nevis program application process into six (6) basic steps.
Each step must be completed before continuing to the next.
Issuance of pre-approval letter.
Advisory and due diligence fees are due at this step.
Citizenship file submission.
Government’s Citizenship-by-Investment Unit issues Approved in Principle Letter.
Investment made in selected option. Payment of government fees, if applicable.
Naturalization Certificate issued.
Submission of passport application, if applicable.